Looking to improve your Google ranking?
Then installing Google Webmaster Tools is a must! Google Webmaster Tools gives you access to detailed reports about your website’s presence on Google.
How do I add Google Webmaster Tolls to my website?
It’s a simple two step process:
- Sign-up for webmaster tools here.
- Add code to your site verify.
Once Google Webmaster Tools is installed and verified on your site, you’ll be able to:
- Determine how Google sees your website
– What pages is Google indexing (and what pages is Google missing)
– How often Google bots crawl your site
- Pinpoint coding issues on your website
– Google will alert you to issues it’s bots have found
– The reports will also show any broken links on your site
- See incoming links and search queries
– Find out what other sites out there are linking to you
– See the most popular keyword terms and phrases driving traffic to your site
– See the terms that Google feels your site relates to
- Submit your site to Google for further indexing
– If you find Google may be missing pages on your site, you can submit those
– You can upload an XML sitemap to ensure a more complete crawl
- Control search results
– Control rich snippets that provide links right in search results to other pages in your website
– Tell Google to stop indexing and displaying certain pages in your site
Want to know more about Google Webmaster Tools?